Type: Full Time
Start Date: Beginning Q2
Experience: Junior Medior Senior
At Galaxy Game Studio, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
With us, you are truly part of the team working on cutting edge technology and with people who have a passion for Game Development.
We are looking for someone with a passion for their craft, who is eager for new challenges, has great attention to detail, is a strong team player and has excellent communication skills.
As an Environment Artist, you will create and iterate on world-class environments in Unreal Engine. Collaborate with our Level Designer Team & QA.
- Able to collaborate with Level Designers, the Art team and the Project Lead to discuss and understand the environment to be made and iterate based on the feedback received.
- Able to set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to the Artists & Project Lead.
- Ensure work is aligned with artistic direction and supports both VR and non-VR users.
- Can work with tight deadlines.
- Degree in Game Development, a formal Art education or equivalent education/experience.
- Preferably 3+ years of experience while acting as an Environment artist within the game industry.
- Proficient with any major 3D software packages, (e.g. Blender, 3DS Max, Maya)
- Understanding of how to optimize art for Virtual Reality on mobile platforms Android(Standalone VR), PS4/PS5 and PC.
- Experience with creating high-quality 3D models and textures.
- Experience with texturing in Substance Painter or Photoshop.
- Experience with source control like P4V and Git.
- A strong understanding of the game development workflows.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Able and comfortable with transferring knowledge to the rest of the team.
- Organized about your work and capable of providing timely progress updates.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity.
- You’re a quick learner when it comes to new 3D Art Creation techniques and how to apply these techniques.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working with/as an architect.
- Experience with VR (not google cardboard) is highly preferred.
- You’ve shipped game(s) while acting as an Environmental Artist.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A place to learn and grow as a developer.
- Opportunity to develop for and with cutting edge hardware and software.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill in the application form below with a cover letter and a CV
- Don’t forget to link your portfolio.